Right now, I'm listening to beautiful Amharic music by various artists old and new but mostly contemporary music, which I enjoy these days very much. It has been every day for almost 6 months now. I am not listening to oldies anymore, though I still love them, but I am liberated now that I have incorporated all new Amharic music into my music selection. They are available on Spotify and other music platforms. We are no longer living in gloomy times like the 90s and 80s, when families used to send us cassettes of brand-new music when we arrived in the States. Today, you have access to everything you need to receive and enjoy music thanks to the high-tech of informational technology. As someone from old school, I have found it difficult to adjust to the new trends in music. Nonetheless, as someone who believes in the changing dynamics that occur in the world, I have also had to change some odd habits to conform to the changing trends in music, or else I would remain stuck in my ways. After a long period of distance from contemporary music due to my distaste for rap music and computerized voice manipulation, I'm now enjoying it again. As a result of my research, I discovered that Ethiopian music movement has been gaining great new experiences, it has undergone a great tectonic shift; restoring its originality, spicing it up, and withdrawing some experiences from the past, and replacing them with new ones. Let me be the first to say that I love the new Ethiopian sound. In addition to listening to music, I also read comments about artists, their performances, styles, voices, dresses, or outfits. It became apparent to me that some of these people are extremely popular commentators, while others are intrusive, condescending, abusive, and do not appreciate musicianship in any form. However, most fans are supportive, appreciative, and loving. The best of the good will came from faraway places, such as the Middle East, Central Asia, South and Far East Asian nations, including Australia. A Kazakhstani man and a Nepali man were surprised by the angelic voices of the Ethiopian singers, Amharic is beautiful, beautiful, an angelic language, which foreign schools should teach the say. A Nigerian woman championed Fikreaddis, Tamir, Rahel Getu, Veronica as therapeutic music for pharmacies. The song "atasferaragn" by Helen Berhe, Rahel Getu, "aleguaguam" is popular in Juba South Sudan, Siria Linka, Rwanda Kigali, Veronica, Lemlem Hailemichael "Kidus Lalibela" is popular in Nepal, along with Tameer music "manawa." In addition, all best wishes, love were coming from Somalia, Sudan, Kenya, Uganda, South Sudan Gahanna, Senegal, Nigeria, and South Africa, including neighboring countries. As a result of my observations, I discovered that many people from all over the world have never heard of Amharic music and language before. However, they love the language and wish they knew what was being said in it. Since discovering this language, a man from Kenya has been playing Amharic music in his bar, Everday. A final note, I think many post-colonial countries have no national languages like Amharic that have developed over centuries. My roommate from Botswana used to listen to my Amharic music with great interest, fifteen years ago. Then one day, I asked if he could play some Botswana music for me, he replied that he had mostly English music, however some Botswana plays local tribal music, which is meant for specific local geographies, like in Nigeria, Ghana, Cameroon, etc.
The end.
No comments:
Post a Comment